August 13, 2004

p.s.

Just one more thought about Neville, before I stop thinking about Harry Potter for a few months...

Neville has to be in Gryffindor for a reason. He gives all appearances of being wimpy and mild, but somewhere deep inside of him lies a bravery that the Sorting Hat had to see to place him in Gryffindor. (I thought about this when I watched the first movie last night.) We've already seen traces of it. In the first book, he tries to stop Harry, Ron and Hermione from leaving the common room and losing the house more points. His bravery really starts to shine through in Phoenix. He helps Ron, Ginny and Luna attack the Slytherins and escape from Umbridge's office. (I believe Ron even comments on Neville's aptly timed disarming charm). Later on, in the Ministry of Magic, Neville refuses to leave Harry. He helps him take on the Death Eaters, which took some serious courage (considering he had a bloody nose and couldn't even talk right). I think we can expect great things from Neville.

(Percy Weasley's also going to have a major impact before the series is finished. He turned traitor in Phoenix, choosing the Ministry over his family. What happens now that the Ministry has acknowledged Voldemort's return? Will Percy go back to the Burrow, or will he continue to doubt. I think he's the weak link in the family and could be easily persuaded or influenced by the Death Eaters.)

And that's enough of that. I'm reading "The Da Vinci Code" now, so maybe I can think about that for a while, instead of Harry.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

Gimme an O (o), gimme a B (b), gimme an S (s), gimme an E (E), gimme an S (s), gimme a S (s), gimme an E (e), gimme a D (d). What's it spell? Obsessed.

10:40 AM  
Blogger iSuze said...

Don't you have a job? Something better to do than annoying me?

11:23 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

ah, perhaps my job is to annoy you.

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home