April 19, 2007

Gone, Daddy, Gone...

The Hot Furnace Guy is GONE!!!

Oh man, what a sad, sad, pathetic shell of a woman I've become. I should be happy that my furnace is fixed. And I guess I am. But at the same time, I'm so depressed about WHO came to fix it. That's right, ladies and gentlemen: it was NOT Hot Furnace Guy. Instead, it was this older guy who likes to give me what he probably considers constructive criticism about my house and furnace. Grrrrr! He even went so far as to badmouth HFG, which I could barely stand. Were I not so cold, I might have kicked the jerk out of my house.

I know I said that if HFG came back Monday to install the part, it would be some kind of sign. But I refused to accept that his NOT coming is a sign that he's just not worth it. No. That would be too easy. I'm trying like mad to find a way to get in touch with him, somehow establish some kind of connection without being creepy or stalkerish. I'm not saying I want to marry this man and have lots of sex and babies. But I want to have a beer with him and figure out what makes him tick. Then I'll think about the sex and babies.

I'm such a mess. I can't focus. I can't edit a press release to save my life. Who can think about robots when Hot Furnace Guy is in the world? I'm not a very memorable person, so he's probably not sending one errant thought my direction. But I can't stop thinking about him. I wish for my sanity I could. But I can't.

To quote Cristina from "Grey's Anatomy":

SOMEBODY SEDATE ME!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home