"Better Than Gatsby" Revisited
OK, by popular demand, here's "Better Than Gatsby" updated to reflect my current favorites, goals, etc.
Favorites
Color: Navy Blue
Food: Cheez-Its
Song: This is tough. Right now, “Honky Tonk Badonkadonk.” Of all time? “Born to Run” or “Comfortably Numb” (Pink Floyd)
Music Group: Bruce Springsteen, Sara Evans, Michael Buble
Subject (college course): Newswriting
Teacher: Jim Davidson, Peggy Knapp
Saying: People suck.
TV Show: "Jeopardy," “Love Monkey,” “Grey’s Anatomy”
Movie: Also a tough one. “When Harry Met Sally” or “While You Were Sleeping”
Pet Peeves
1. Inexplicable traffic jams
2. People who lie and suck ass to get what they want--but probably don’t deserve
Worst Fear
1. That 10 years from now it is quite feasible that I could be breaking in kneepads in an Alaskan convent.
2. Calling people on the phone.
3. Failure
(The first two are actually still the same. I don’t know if that’s sad or not.)
Future Plans
I’m old enough now to know that most of the time, things just don’t turn out like you had planned. I did go to college and grad school, but not for literature or international relations. I haven’t been married (sniff…nobody loves me) and I haven’t built a house, although I have the computer. I’d like to have kids and I still want a dog to name George. And I still want to buy the old academy in my hometown, but now I want to convert it into a really nice home. I even have the renovation mapped out in my mind. And the West Virginian man turned out to be both the greatest and worst things to ever happen to me. But that’s a different post.
Most Embarrassing Moment
http://suezpeace.blogspot.com/2005/01/funny-story.html#comments
Most Memorable Thing About College
Kiltie Band and all the people I met who still call me “friend.”
Things You'd Like To Forget
You know who you are
Where Will You Be in 10 Years
Here’s what I had anticipated: “Hopefully I'll be done with my master's and, who knows, my Ph.D. Depending on what I do, I could either be teaching or working for the government. I could be married with a dog that I will hug and squeeze and call George. I hope to have my driver's license by then and my own place to live. Mainly, I'm not speculating. I'm gonna take life as it comes.”
OK, let’s evaluate:
1. In the last semester of work on the master’s.
2. No Ph.D. Was I crazy when I was 18???
3. Not teaching or working for the government. But I’m working, so that’s good.
4. Not married.
5. No dog.
6. I do have the driver’s license.
7. I do have my own place to live.
8. I have been taking life as it comes.
Four out of eight isn’t too bad. Now what do the next 10 years hold? I don’t know. I think I’m just going to take life as if comes.
(Some highlights I hope for include a boyfriend, possibly marriage, a dog, a baby, buying a house, not being freaked out by gray hair, starting a book, publishing that book and one day not living hand-to-mouth.)
Favorites
Color: Navy Blue
Food: Cheez-Its
Song: This is tough. Right now, “Honky Tonk Badonkadonk.” Of all time? “Born to Run” or “Comfortably Numb” (Pink Floyd)
Music Group: Bruce Springsteen, Sara Evans, Michael Buble
Subject (college course): Newswriting
Teacher: Jim Davidson, Peggy Knapp
Saying: People suck.
TV Show: "Jeopardy," “Love Monkey,” “Grey’s Anatomy”
Movie: Also a tough one. “When Harry Met Sally” or “While You Were Sleeping”
Pet Peeves
1. Inexplicable traffic jams
2. People who lie and suck ass to get what they want--but probably don’t deserve
Worst Fear
1. That 10 years from now it is quite feasible that I could be breaking in kneepads in an Alaskan convent.
2. Calling people on the phone.
3. Failure
(The first two are actually still the same. I don’t know if that’s sad or not.)
Future Plans
I’m old enough now to know that most of the time, things just don’t turn out like you had planned. I did go to college and grad school, but not for literature or international relations. I haven’t been married (sniff…nobody loves me) and I haven’t built a house, although I have the computer. I’d like to have kids and I still want a dog to name George. And I still want to buy the old academy in my hometown, but now I want to convert it into a really nice home. I even have the renovation mapped out in my mind. And the West Virginian man turned out to be both the greatest and worst things to ever happen to me. But that’s a different post.
Most Embarrassing Moment
http://suezpeace.blogspot.com/2005/01/funny-story.html#comments
Most Memorable Thing About College
Kiltie Band and all the people I met who still call me “friend.”
Things You'd Like To Forget
You know who you are
Where Will You Be in 10 Years
Here’s what I had anticipated: “Hopefully I'll be done with my master's and, who knows, my Ph.D. Depending on what I do, I could either be teaching or working for the government. I could be married with a dog that I will hug and squeeze and call George. I hope to have my driver's license by then and my own place to live. Mainly, I'm not speculating. I'm gonna take life as it comes.”
OK, let’s evaluate:
1. In the last semester of work on the master’s.
2. No Ph.D. Was I crazy when I was 18???
3. Not teaching or working for the government. But I’m working, so that’s good.
4. Not married.
5. No dog.
6. I do have the driver’s license.
7. I do have my own place to live.
8. I have been taking life as it comes.
Four out of eight isn’t too bad. Now what do the next 10 years hold? I don’t know. I think I’m just going to take life as if comes.
(Some highlights I hope for include a boyfriend, possibly marriage, a dog, a baby, buying a house, not being freaked out by gray hair, starting a book, publishing that book and one day not living hand-to-mouth.)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home