June 25, 2005

Holy Hell

When I lived with my parents, one of the things I took most for granted (aside from their constant company and good advice) was the central air conditioning. With temperatures soaring into the 90s this weekend, the little window unit in my bedroom is working as hard as it can, but the cold air barely trickles into the living room of my apartment--despite my efforts to blow it through the hallway with a fan. I've found myself sitting in my bedroom just to keep cool, or refusing to go outside because I don't want to get hot and disgusting. I know I've whined about how much I hate winter. And I still hate winter. But who ordered these 90-degree temperatures in June? I need to get a six-pack of beer and the beer store is only .85 miles from me. But because it's so hot I'll have to drive it. My lazy body can't fathom walking back to my apartment in sweltering heat carrying a six-pack. I'd probably drink all of them before I got through the door, anyway.

So can someone PLEASE tell Satan to lower the heat down there in Hell? It's trickling up through the Earth's crust and making things almost unbearable up here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home