The Muppet Show
Tonight I watched an episode of the The Muppet Show on DVD and what a pleasant surprise! Sometimes I watch things now that I loved in my childhood and I can't understand what I was thinking back then. So when I put the DVD in, I was a little nervous. But I shouldn't have worried--I laughed my ass off. The great thing about the Muppets still remains that they appeal to all ages. When I was little, I loved Kermit and the fuzzy animals they had on the show, along with the great music. Now, Statler and Waldorf's comments had me rolling on the floor, and I notice more the subtle humor that kids wouldn't get, but adults would love.
Anyway, I really just wanted to ask Defying Gravity readers: who is you favorite Muppet and why? Has that Muppet been your favorite since childhood, or has it changed. If it's changed, why?
I'll get things started. My favorite Muppet is Rowlf The Dog. I love the way he plays the piano and sings. The idea of a dog hammering out classical, jazz and anything in between on an old upright cracks me up. Rowlf hasn't always been the it guy with me, though. I used to love Piggy and Kermit. But a few years ago, I saw the Muppet Movie again for the first time in about 20 years, and I fell in love with Rowlf when he sang "I Hope That Something Better Comes Along." He's just got so much soul! Arf!
Anyway, I really just wanted to ask Defying Gravity readers: who is you favorite Muppet and why? Has that Muppet been your favorite since childhood, or has it changed. If it's changed, why?
I'll get things started. My favorite Muppet is Rowlf The Dog. I love the way he plays the piano and sings. The idea of a dog hammering out classical, jazz and anything in between on an old upright cracks me up. Rowlf hasn't always been the it guy with me, though. I used to love Piggy and Kermit. But a few years ago, I saw the Muppet Movie again for the first time in about 20 years, and I fell in love with Rowlf when he sang "I Hope That Something Better Comes Along." He's just got so much soul! Arf!

1 Comments:
"Yep, I finish work, go home, read a book, have a couple of beers, take myself for a walk and go to bed."
Post a Comment
<< Home