The Top Ten Ways To Know You've Watched Too Much of "The West Wing" (Season One) Too Quickly
10. You click on the headline for an article about the president and are confused when a photo of George W. Bush appears on the screen instead of Josiah Bartlet. You momentarily wonder if you missed the election. Who is this cowboy in the White House and where is everyone's favorite democrat from New Hampshire?
9. When a minor crisis arises at work (e.g., the possibility of heavy rain showers three days hence), you marvel at the hubbub in the office and silently think, "If they want a crisis, they should have seen the action in the Oval Office last night."
8. You wear a bracelet inscribed with "WWTD" for those communications emergencies when you have to stop and ask yourself "What would Toby do?"
7. You create your own Secret Service name, like "Penguin." When you get up from your desk, you whisper "Penguin is on the move. I repeat, Penguin is on the move," into your pretend hand-held communication device.
6. You can't attend any lecture or event about India without dwelling on how they've just invaded Pakistan. You also wonder why the Indian ambassador addressing the crowd looks nothing like the one you saw in the Oval Office last night.*
5. You have dreams about Sam Seaborn and wake up thinking he could be the one man you've been waiting for. (Sam, that is. Not Rob Lowe.)
4. You want to be the press secretary so you can have the cutest flirting relationship with a charming reporter in the history of the White House.
3. You start shouting commands like "Mrs. Landingham, I need the next five minutes the president's got!" while strewing folders about the office as you run down the corridor.
2. You consider moving to Washington to be a high-class call girl because it obviously pays better than your current salary and, if you're good enough, it will get you into a presidential State Dinner.
1. You actually wrote this list.
The first person who knows which of these are actually true wins the prize. Hint: there's more than one. I desperately need to call the cable company so I can get more than one station and stop with this four-episode-a-night kick I've been on.
(*Please note that India has not really invaded Pakistan in the real world; only in the West Wing world.)
9. When a minor crisis arises at work (e.g., the possibility of heavy rain showers three days hence), you marvel at the hubbub in the office and silently think, "If they want a crisis, they should have seen the action in the Oval Office last night."
8. You wear a bracelet inscribed with "WWTD" for those communications emergencies when you have to stop and ask yourself "What would Toby do?"
7. You create your own Secret Service name, like "Penguin." When you get up from your desk, you whisper "Penguin is on the move. I repeat, Penguin is on the move," into your pretend hand-held communication device.
6. You can't attend any lecture or event about India without dwelling on how they've just invaded Pakistan. You also wonder why the Indian ambassador addressing the crowd looks nothing like the one you saw in the Oval Office last night.*
5. You have dreams about Sam Seaborn and wake up thinking he could be the one man you've been waiting for. (Sam, that is. Not Rob Lowe.)
4. You want to be the press secretary so you can have the cutest flirting relationship with a charming reporter in the history of the White House.
3. You start shouting commands like "Mrs. Landingham, I need the next five minutes the president's got!" while strewing folders about the office as you run down the corridor.
2. You consider moving to Washington to be a high-class call girl because it obviously pays better than your current salary and, if you're good enough, it will get you into a presidential State Dinner.
1. You actually wrote this list.
The first person who knows which of these are actually true wins the prize. Hint: there's more than one. I desperately need to call the cable company so I can get more than one station and stop with this four-episode-a-night kick I've been on.
(*Please note that India has not really invaded Pakistan in the real world; only in the West Wing world.)

2 Comments:
its gotta be #7 (Penguin) and/or #8 (WWTD?)
Sadly, I cannot comment on your comments until all have posted their choices. I'll give it a few days and let you all know on Tuesday.
Post a Comment
<< Home