July 13, 2005

Better Than Christmas

My Harry Potter mania is reaching its height. This is better than Christmas--the nervous anticipation, wondering just what's in that package. I wish it were Saturday.

(Yes, I'm obsessed. Yes, I'm 10 years old.)

10 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

Do I hear intervention? Anyone, anyone?

10:34 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

Apparently, if you were in Canada or NY, you could have gotten the book already.

I've already heard some of the details of the book, by the way. Should be interesting, when they make the movie, to see Harry actually kiss Hermione.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

TOM!!!!! What is with the spoiler. Susie, you should delete his post. I did not want to know that, you've now ruined the whole book for me. Not really... but you at least need to tell us you are about to post a spoiler. DUH!!! Have you no internet etiquette?

7:50 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

I'm just gonna go ahead and guess that Tom is just messing with you.


Or is he???

9:06 AM  
Blogger iSuze said...

Tom had better be joking or I'll kick his ass. Really.

SPOILER ALERT: Bloomsbury (Harry's UK publisher) just released the copy from the cover of the book. You can find it on mugglenet.com.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

I wasn't messing with you, Alison. I was trying to mess with Susie and you just got in the way.

I haven't read the Harry Potter books. I've decided to wait til all the movies to come out before reading the books. So everything I know about the Harry Potter stuff comes from the movies and bits of info I've picked up here & there. I've heard nothing about the new book.

If what I said was going to happen actually happens, it's a total coincidence. From what I understand, they've been pushing Hermione in a different direction, which is why I figured that would be a good false spoiler.

Of course, what I said is the way it should be. The magic and monsters I can believe, but the cute chick going with the dorky sidekick instead of the star athlete is just not realistic.

9:48 AM  
Blogger iSuze said...

Here's the thing, though. In the books, Hermione isn't classically "cute." She's got mad bushy hair and slightly large teeth (now remedied by magic, though). And her know-it-all personality does nothing to make her cuter. She's loveable because she always comes through in a pinch--she knocks Malfoy on his ass or tells off a professor. She does shock Harry and Ron by her appearance at the Yule Ball in GoF, though.

While Harry's pretty popular, people still think he's nutters. And Ron has always played second fiddle to Harry, so it would be nice to see him get the girl.

Harry's destined for Ginny anyway, so he can finally be a legitimate member of the Weasley family.

I really have to book through "Order of the Phoenix." I'm not even halfway and I only have two more days!

The excitement is building...

10:17 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

Life, do I hear anyone having a life? Hello...anyone?

10:20 AM  
Blogger iSuze said...

Let's talk about having a life. You're apparently riveted to my blog, a commenting fool. Aren't you supposed to be working? (Not reading MSN articles about Harry Potter and sending people the links.)

10:49 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

Alright Tom,
You got me. Maybe i'm just too excited for this book.

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home