October 16, 2005

The Fall Classic!

Way to go White Sox!!!!! Woo hoo!!!

Defying Gravity readers may have noticed my prolonged absence around here, and I truly apologize for not writing with anything resembling regularity. I'm taking a huge courseload this semester while working full time. Between homework and workdays that haven't been ending until the sun has long since set, I haven't had time to write anything. But some cool things have been happening to me lately:

1. I met Football Hall of Famer Franco Harris AND got to interview him.
2. My friendly male neighbor has been calling me with increasing frequency.
3. My two picks for the Fall Classic seem to be on their way to the World Series.
(If the Astros can pull it off in their next game.)

Of course, I've had my share of not-so-cool things too:

1. Food poisoning.
2. A family member having surgery later this week.
3. Neighbor guy seems to have no inclination to actually spend time with me.

If you can hang in there until December, I promise I'll start writing interesting, thought-provoking entries again. Until then, I'm afraid random posts that I can throw together when time allows will have to suffice.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

I guess interviewing Franco Harris would be cool. All I've ever done is meet him and compete on his team in a Monopoly tournament. His first place team in a Monopoly tournament.

Also, my two picks are already in the World Series. Those two picks are, of course, anyone-but-the-Yankees and anyone-but-the-Red-Sox.

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home