July 11, 2006

Pontiacs and Take-Out

As a volunteer for the All-Star Game festivities, I'm totally not allowed to be star-struck. I have to treat everyone the same. This can be difficult when you see Tony Gwynn every day (or "Big T" as I like to think of him) and you want to stare at him but you can't. Yesterday, though, he surprised me by getting in his rental car (a Pontiac--not a porsche or something fancy) and going to get his own take-out. He left and came back like an hour later with a bunch of boxes in a "Thank You Come Again" bag. I couldn't help wondering why he didn't just send someone out to get his food for him. This man won a batting title, for crying out loud! My volunteer partner-in-crime, Keith, said that this proves celebrities are the same as us, only with bigger budgets. I don't know that I'm convinced, but I might be moving in that direction. We'll see what today brings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home