Done
Well, like Adam, I'm just about done with this whole master's degree thing. I completed my last class/oral presentation/research paper this past Thursday and tomorrow I have to turn in my "internship" report.
(For those of you who don't know, the program I'm in has an internship requirement which I still had to complete--despite the fact that I have a full-time job as a professional writer. Lame.)
Anyway, this weekend has been weird, the first one without a big black cloud of homework and projects hanging over my head since January. I anticipated being super-productive, but I was somehow overwhelmed by the amount of things I could do. Do I want to clean or shop? Go for a walk or watch some movies? Reorganize my kitchen? Read a book? It's like I was in jail and now, as a free woman, I have no idea what to do with that newfound freedom. So I did a little bit of everything. Took a long walk, went to the mall, had a very odd interaction with my non-date ex-neighbor at Old Navy, watched two movies and about four episodes of Boston Legal that were on my DVR.
As the weeks go on, I hope that I don't feel so aimless/baffled with decisions about how to spend my time.
Right now, I think I'm going to take a nap. THAT is an easy decision!
(For those of you who don't know, the program I'm in has an internship requirement which I still had to complete--despite the fact that I have a full-time job as a professional writer. Lame.)
Anyway, this weekend has been weird, the first one without a big black cloud of homework and projects hanging over my head since January. I anticipated being super-productive, but I was somehow overwhelmed by the amount of things I could do. Do I want to clean or shop? Go for a walk or watch some movies? Reorganize my kitchen? Read a book? It's like I was in jail and now, as a free woman, I have no idea what to do with that newfound freedom. So I did a little bit of everything. Took a long walk, went to the mall, had a very odd interaction with my non-date ex-neighbor at Old Navy, watched two movies and about four episodes of Boston Legal that were on my DVR.
As the weeks go on, I hope that I don't feel so aimless/baffled with decisions about how to spend my time.
Right now, I think I'm going to take a nap. THAT is an easy decision!

1 Comments:
As to napping, I agree.
Congratulations!
Post a Comment
<< Home