This was a reassuring story to read on a day when I was mostly convinced that everyone in the world sucks. Makes you believe in humanity again and that small ordinary people can really accomplish extraordinary things.
Apparently, this story also ran in the "It's Good News!" section of the Staten Island Advance, because my mother cut it out and mailed it to me. (Note: For those of you unfamiliar with the geography of the northeastern United States, Staten Island is about 380 miles from Pittsburgh.) Why, you ask? The article mentioned a "Roger A. Oxendale," who is the president and CEO of Children's Hospital. Well, my mom (bless her forgetful, confused soul), thought I used to work for Mr. Oxendale. (Oxendale, Oxenreiter...I guess I can see where she was coming from, but still.) Anyway, it was, as Susie said, still nice to see that we average, everyday-type people *can* do great things. (Not me, though...I'm sitting on my butt reading Susie's blog on a Saturday night. Not that that's not great, but y'know...) Oh well, at least Susie will be flattered. I guess that's something. :D
1 Comments:
Apparently, this story also ran in the "It's Good News!" section of the Staten Island Advance, because my mother cut it out and mailed it to me. (Note: For those of you unfamiliar with the geography of the northeastern United States, Staten Island is about 380 miles from Pittsburgh.) Why, you ask? The article mentioned a "Roger A. Oxendale," who is the president and CEO of Children's Hospital. Well, my mom (bless her forgetful, confused soul), thought I used to work for Mr. Oxendale. (Oxendale, Oxenreiter...I guess I can see where she was coming from, but still.) Anyway, it was, as Susie said, still nice to see that we average, everyday-type people *can* do great things. (Not me, though...I'm sitting on my butt reading Susie's blog on a Saturday night. Not that that's not great, but y'know...) Oh well, at least Susie will be flattered. I guess that's something. :D
Post a Comment
<< Home