April 04, 2006

True Story

This is for all of you young parents out there whose children aren't quite old enough to carry on logical, yet baffling, conversation yet.

Last week, my sister and her husband were in the car with their two boys, who are 6 and 8. Seemingly out of nowhere, the six year old announced that Haley's sister "came out."

"Came out of where?" my sister asked.

"Her mom," said the six year old.

(He paused and thought really hard.)

"How did she get out of there?" he asked.

Apparently my sister put on her thinking cap real quick-like and didn't lose a beat.

"Well, babies come from their mom's stomachs," she said.

The six year old thought hard again.

"Well, how did I come out?" he asked.

"The doctor gave me a shot in my back so it wouldn't hurt. And then, since you were really big, he put this thing like a vacuum cleaner on your head and sucked you out," she told him. (Notice she never mentioned from whence he came.)

More deep thought. If I know my nephew, his face was all scrunched up and he probably said "hmmm" a lot.

After a few minutes like this, he came to a conclusion.

"I'm glad I just have to be the daddy."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That little boy is destined for greatness.

11:02 PM  
Blogger iSuze said...

I think he is, but I also think I'm a bit biased :)

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home