And Who Can Forget About Harry?
This post is just so Bill won't think I've recovered from Harry Potter mania:
Holy crap! Two weeks from right now, I will have my copy of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," and I will be on my way to figuring out how this all ends. I'm rereading the series now and I just wrapped up Goblet of Fire last night. Cried like a baby for some reason...I don't remember crying the first three times I read it. But it got to me this time around.
I can't say I'm excited for the OOTP movie. I loved the book and no two-hour film could do that ginormous tome justice. It's the one book I've been looking forward to rereading the most, though. And I think that's because you start to learn answers to questions, and the new questions Rowling raises are so interesting. I'm also anxious to go through Half-Blood Prince again, since I read it so quickly the first time. I hardly remember it.
For more Harry Mania, you can check out the questions I posed a few summers ago here.
Holy crap! Two weeks from right now, I will have my copy of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," and I will be on my way to figuring out how this all ends. I'm rereading the series now and I just wrapped up Goblet of Fire last night. Cried like a baby for some reason...I don't remember crying the first three times I read it. But it got to me this time around.
I can't say I'm excited for the OOTP movie. I loved the book and no two-hour film could do that ginormous tome justice. It's the one book I've been looking forward to rereading the most, though. And I think that's because you start to learn answers to questions, and the new questions Rowling raises are so interesting. I'm also anxious to go through Half-Blood Prince again, since I read it so quickly the first time. I hardly remember it.
For more Harry Mania, you can check out the questions I posed a few summers ago here.

7 Comments:
I did my first re-read of all of the previous books in expectation of number seven, and I really enjoyed it. I'm sure I'm going to re-read the series again, probably a few times.
The first time I read OOTP way too fast and started reading HBP immediately after (this is the first time I've been "caught up" when I new HP book came out). I enjoyed both more this time, and was glad for the time to digest OOTP after reading it.
Personally, I was somewhat disappointed with the 4th movie, since that was my favorite book. But because I loved the 3rd movie so much, I enjoyed the book more on the following reading. So I guess it's a give and take.
ok... so who do you think is going to bite the big one in book 7? I'm going down on record right now as saying Neville and Percy. She said more than 2 so maybe Snape as well. Percy and Snape have some redemption that they have to do so dying for the cause might be it. I think Neville has a big role to play still and it could be sacrificing himself to save his friends. What are your thoughts?
I can't wait for the movie and the book. On the one hand I don't want to read the book because I don't want it to be over but on the other hand.... how could you not read it.
I don't know whose going to "bite it," but I can't see it being Neville. (Percy, yes.) I've always thought that Neville would come into his own by the end of the series and I stand by that. But I can't see Rowling killing him off after the Lestranges tortured his parents until they went insane. I hope he'd be part of the ass-kicking team that brings down Voldemort.
I was just trying to come up with who I thought the goners might be, but I really have no idea. I hope that Percy will repent; that Snape isn't a bad, bad man afterall; that somehow Sirius isn't really dead; that the Weasley family stays intact to welcome in the Voldemort-free era; and that Harry kicks Voldey's ass.
Rowling said in an interview with some British TV dude that she finished a chapter near the end of the book and "absolutely howled." She said she wrote it in a hotel and went home with mascara all over her face from crying so hard. I can't imagine what's worse than killing Dumbledore...I certainly hope she didn't kill Harry. I didn't spend seven years with him in Hogwarts only to lose him in the end.
But I can't really even speculate on the ending to such a series. It makes me sad, really, to see it all come to an end. But at the same time, I'll be happy to have some answers.
Only 3 more days and you will get some answers!!! I can't wait. Can someone come babysit so I can spend all weekend reading?
:)
So did you read it yet? I'm never on IM anymore and still haven't found anyone to discuss it with. Let us know your take! :)
Susie, If I can finish, then you should be finished...
I just finished last night. I had fallen behind on my rereading and really wanted to knock out HBP before I started DH. Then I was at a conference in Nashville, where there was little time for reading. But I knocked it out yesterday. AMAZING! I loved it! It was like an Indiana Jones movie.
I hate to say anymore about it, as some DG readers may not have read it yet. I'm still confused about some stuff, though, so I might reread from the "Battle of Hogwarts" chapter until the end. I was flying through it, desperate to see what happened, so I think I missed some stuff.
Post a Comment
<< Home