Holy Crap
I'm buying a house!!!
Not everyone in bloggerland knew this, but I've been looking at houses for about seven weeks now. In my price range, it's been a real challenge to find something that wasn't absolute trash. I looked at 18 houses and found four that weren't totally hideous. In the past week, I decided to offer on a cute little three-bedroom that has a new furnace and hot water tank, with a basement that's been completely waterproofed in the last six months. It has great charm buried under layers of old paint and pink carpeting. (Eww!)
Anyway, I made the offer tonight and within an hour the seller's agent was back to us. I ended up getting the closing date I wanted, the price I wanted and, most importantly, the house I wanted. Yay!
I close Nov. 30--if all goes well. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Not everyone in bloggerland knew this, but I've been looking at houses for about seven weeks now. In my price range, it's been a real challenge to find something that wasn't absolute trash. I looked at 18 houses and found four that weren't totally hideous. In the past week, I decided to offer on a cute little three-bedroom that has a new furnace and hot water tank, with a basement that's been completely waterproofed in the last six months. It has great charm buried under layers of old paint and pink carpeting. (Eww!)
Anyway, I made the offer tonight and within an hour the seller's agent was back to us. I ended up getting the closing date I wanted, the price I wanted and, most importantly, the house I wanted. Yay!
I close Nov. 30--if all goes well. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home